Monday, May 02, 2005

Here Comes the Sun!

After a weekend of cold, damp, cloudy weather, including snow, the sun finally came out at about 4:15 today. It was a glorious site, complete with imaginary trumpet fanfare. I was excited. Now if only the temperature would go up... That would make my life much happier.

What other news of the day? Well, my attempts at getting a recycle bin delivered to my house was futile. The waste management people seem to close early, and not have any sort of answering machine on thier phone. The wonders of public service... At least they could have a message explaining thier hours of operation. Ill try again tomorrow, only earlier, so wish me luck, because this mission seems to have all sorts of signs pointing to failure!

Carrie

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

beer

8:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I go over to my neighbors house from time to time and play this game, if I finish my beer, I win another beer. (I win alot) His garage was ful of alot of beer bottles, so last week I brought them to the recycle center. I live out in the country where we don't have recycle pick-up, we have to bring it to the town hall between 3-5 on thurs or sunday. So at the town hall we have the garbage police, they stand next to you watching to making sure the recyclables are clean, pretty and in the right bin. I couldn't recycle a few of the bottles because they didn't have a bin for that shade of blue glass. The garbage police told me I had to take them home and put them in my household garbage. I couldn't recycle a few others because they had metal caps on them, (I somtimes twist them back on when I win) I was told to put the caps in the metal recycing bin. Some other couldn't be recycled because they had some garbage in them. Others couldn't be recycled due to the dirt on them. (I sometimes play the beer game while doing some landscaping, clay sticks to everything) They were to be brought home and washed, and broght back. Others couldn't be recycled because they had a plastic lables encasing the bottle. So I asked why do I have to take off the plastic lables but the paper and foil lables where ok. She said she didn't like my tone of voice then she sent me home to remove any and all lables on my bottles. I though away my beer bottles now.

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home