Sunday, May 08, 2005

Movie Review - Shaun of the Dead

I saw Shaun of the Dead last night,and let me tell you, it was the greatest zombie movie I have ever seen. Not that Ive seen a lot of zombie movies, actually, this is the only one Ive seen, but I liked it.

The basic premise is that Shaun (the hero, sort of) must save his mum, recently ex girlfriend, and bestfriend from the zombies. Of course there was all sorts of witty, dry, British Humor (this is a British Movie, Did I mention that?), that works very well in some places, and is utterly boring in others, but the use of a cricket bat, and garden hoe, along with some well thrown toasters (kind of), and a Pub named Wellington, or Chatterlies, or something like that, makes up for the dry, boring parts. OH yeah, and that wonderful scene with small children, um, gorging on an adult... its hilarous. Its kind of like Army of Darkness, and its kind of like a Simpson's episode, and its kind of like a sappy, romantic comedy, all shoved into something thats not entirely quite right.

Carrie

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man, I saw that movie a while ago. It is really funny. Especially the part where they pretend that they're zombies. I laughed so hard! Anyways, Dawn of the Dead is a great zombie movie as well (the one that Shaun of the Dead is spoofed from).
-em

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home