Friday, May 25, 2007

Salsa Time!

Here it is, the long awaited super easy salsa recipe, with pictures.

Ingredients
Tomatoes
Garlic
Fresh Cilantro
Salt
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Any Other Ingredients, like peppers, or um green peppers, or habanero peppers, or onions, or... well, you get the idea.

Step One
I used two medium sized tomatoes* that I cut up in dime sized chunks. You can use more, or less tomatoes, and cut them to be finer, or more coarse according to your preferences.



Step Two

Cut up other ingredients. I had some bell peppers that I had to use up. Again, I cut them in dime sized chunks, and I used about 3/4 of a pepper. If you like hot salsa, add a habanaro, or Chile pepper. You can also add onions, or other vegetables.



Step Three

Add the garlic! I like garlic. I used two cloves. I also used a garlic press (from Ikea!) to mince the garlic. You can slice it, or mince it using the side of a knife, whatever way works for you!. The garlic is essential, but you don't have to use two cloves. One clove will be great plenty.



Step Four

Chop the fresh cilantro. It's gotta be fresh - don't use dried! I used about 5tbl spoons or so. I just eyeballed it. No measuring spoons were used at all - add more or less according to your preferences



Step 5
Add two pinches of salt, and a teaspoon or so of black pepper. Black pepper can be omitted, but the salt is absolutely essential to get the flavors to combine in a salsa yummy way!

Step 6

Stir. Lightly! - you don't want to go making mash out of this!

Step 7

Wait an hour, or eat it now, but by waiting an hour, you give the salt time to pull out the flavors of the tomatoes, cilantro, and other ingredients, to join in yummy goodness.

*Alternately, if you use a ripe avocado in place of one of the tomatoes, you have guacamole.

Enjoy!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger emily said...

i admit, i'm too lazy to read how to make this yummy salsa, let alone actually prepare it myself. can you just make some for me?

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home