Sunday, June 19, 2005

Doing the Impossible- Finding pants that Fit

As you may or may not know, I lost one pant size. This was unintential. It happened because I don't like to cook, and I don't buy junk food, usually. So I tend to skip meals, and eat healthy. Its a good combination. But now I have a whole closet full of pants that don't fit, and pants that do fit (from when I could fit in them) have holes. This might be a reason I like to wear skirts.

So, I decided to buy 100 dollars worth of pants. So I stopped at the mall on the way home last night, and started off with Old Navy. One size fit, but if I gained so much as half a pound, not anymore. So onto the next store. It was American Eagle. I tried on thier jeans, and same story. I did try on a pair of kakis that rolled up into capris, and while they were a little too big, they did have a string to tie them tighter, plus they had this cool belt thing. SO I spent to much money on them. The next store was the gap. Nope, no luck. Then Kohls, I tried on IM guessing 15 pairs of jeans at that store. All in the juniors section. Left the fitting room, Lost my keys, searched everywhere, keys not located at all. Talked to the sales clerk, and nobody had turned them in. I left to go back to the gap, and There they were, except it took five minutes for the sales person to find out where they were hidden. Back to Kohls, told the sales people that I had found them, and onto the missus department. Again, tried on pants that didn't fit. So I left kohls, in a dejected haze, and then I saw the Buckle... and upscale, expensive store mainly dealing in name brand jeans. I stopped in. Discovered that there was a pile of nineteen ninty nine pants on sale. Discovered that I wear a size 31 waste pant. Tried on a few pair, and they all fit! Success! I bought the expensive pair of pants made by BKE, some sort of high fashion lable, for forty bucks. After looking at all those pants, and spending what I consider 10 dollars more than I needed to on them, I went home with a sense of accomplishment. My mission for new pants fulfilled

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good job!!

8:36 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

the pants fit. I wouldn't spend that much money on pants that don't fit, and by the end of the night, I was pretty desperate. I think this is a girl thing. Guys seem to have no problem

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home