Thursday, May 26, 2005

The Mysterious Fishbowl, or why did one side fall off?

My poor Fishbowl! Ive had it since I was a kid. We use to keep goldfish in it. It is no longer in existence. Two gallons of fresh, clean, de-chlorinated water, all over the counter, dripping onto my stack of books that I haven't read. It broke so strangely, and mysteriously. You see, one whole side detached from the rest of the bowl, while I was setting it down. Very mysterious. Bowls do no break like this.

The fish survived. He was flapping around in puddle of water, not squished by the onslaught of Lake Superior Rocks (shipped in from the iron range... ) that suddenly flowed out. He wasn't happy. He lived in a small clear drinking glass, tinted blue, while I went on a Mission, a Mission to find a new two gallon traditional glass fish bowl. Tried the local Walmart. No luck. Drove 14 miles north to the fish store. It had close 45 minutes before I showed up (this was on Sunday, around 3:45). The antique dealer next door pointed me out in the direction of the local pet food outlet. Alas, they only sold cheaply made plastic two gallon fish bowls, with food and a booklet packaged together. Then, I remembered that there was once a fish store in the local outlet center. They will surely be open on a Sunday afternoon. Drove 35 miles south only to find out that they had moved location. Grrr. Poor fishy. The store next door told me they had moved, but as since it was a Sunday afternoon and reaching 5:30ish I decided to forgo my mission and go home. The poor fish! He was rather gray. I moved him to a much bigger plastic mixing bowl, white in color. He did not like it. The next day, He was really not looking good. I went to work, obsessed about the poor fish, and after work, called the aforementioned fish store 14 miles north (repeating the previous days disaster was not an option) Luck Was With me! They had one, and only one wonderful glass 2 gallon fishbowl in stock, traditional style. Yeah! Me! and they were open late! Success. And No books were ruined, and the fish is looking like his normal red and blue self.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

thats actually my thoughts. I think it might have been leaking before hand, but thought it was water dripping from the outside of the bowl.

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home