Saturday, June 11, 2005

A rant on driving

Minnesota drivers are some of the worst around. Various Polls say this. IM not going to do a search to back this statement up, believe me, its there. What they especially don't excel at is using on ramps, and off ramps. It one of my biggest pet peeves around. I drive through the twin cities quite often. I pretty much go straight through them on 494 (an interstate). Its so annoying to discover that the whole traffic line slowed down because some idiot slowed down way before the off ramp. The whole point that the off ramp is created as long as it is, is to be used to slow down.

On ramps are a little different. My little car sometimes doesn't quite capable of catching up to the speed on an on ramp. I understand this. I try my hardest, to fit in. What really is annoying is spacing. If everybody left two car lengths between them, and the car in front of them, there should be no problem getting in. But this doesn't happen.

My other big rant is on a four lane interstate highway, like 35. They get stuck behind one car going one mile slower than they are. Say 70 versus 71 mph. Then comes me. I'm going a nice safe 80. The first car takes 5 minutes to pass, and it seems painfully slow. WHY would you do this?!!! It makes no sense.

My other big pet peeve is getting stuck behind a SUV. Although yesterday, what makes it more worst is a SUV with a driver on a cell phone. I hate not being able to see. It drives me nuts. Especially when the car in front is going slower than I want. I think this might be a control issue. I seem to want to go faster when I am stuck behind a car, no matter what the speed is.

and one last story, I was driving to my folks place yesterday, and I got stuck behind a van with an Iowa license plate. They were going 50, on a 55 mph highway. I wanted to get home. I was annoyed. They turned off the same little road that I did, and STOPPED, in the middle of the road. I thought maybe car problems, but then the turned into the driveway of a store, and completely blocked that. As I was driving by, I saw them pull out a map. This is not good behavior. They should have pulled in, and then stop. NOT in the middle of the road.

I hate driving. Public Transportation needs be established, so I don't have to get angry about driving, and save gas.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

a person who goes less than what traffic is goin is as much of a hazzard and causes as many accidents as one who goes way over the speed limit.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

and the speed limit on 494 is whatever the flow of the traffic is going.

6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home