Sunday, July 10, 2005

Fun times at a Bachlerette Party!

As some of you may or may not know, My sister is getting married on Saturday. Its a big thing. Lots of people, Pretty flowers, Wedding Ceremony, she went the whole nine yards with it. So, yesterday, It was the Bachlerette party. I was excited. Going to bars, seeing how many phone numbers I can get from cute men, and watching my sister drink, to the point of falling over, It was going to be fun, and exciting, and, it didn't happen.

The poor girl managed to eat some bad (probably) pizza at a local baseball game the night before and spent the day sick, at both ends. The fiance also had the same symptons at the same time, so unexplained sickness caused by a virus was most likely out.

So, I get a call from her around 10:00am yesterday. Heres a transcription:

Julie: are you coming to Winsted before going to St. Cloud?
Me: No, I was planning on leaving here (Meaning Faribault, where I live) around 5pm, and going straight to St. Cloud.
Julie: Well, Im in Winsted, and I need a ride to St. Cloud. Some people were coming early, and we could go swimming in the pool, and itll all be fun...
Me: Well, as since I really didn't have any plans, and its really hot out, swimming sounds fine! Ill pick you up around 2:00pm.
Julie: Sounds good.
End Conversation.

Now, notice at this point, theres no mention of sickness or anything else. IT seemed like a reasonable suggestion, so I got to Winsted around two, found her sitting in the chair, looking aweful, eating saltine crackers. Needless to say, I was a little annoyed. She was looking for a ride because she didn't quite trust herself to drive herself... It turns out that she was hoping to feel better by 7:30, so as not to dissapoint her friends who were planning on having a good time.... Well, there I was, already commited, so away we went an hour north, with her complaining about the temperature, and me making sure that if we suddenly had to stop at the side of the road, it could be done safely, and quickly.

So we get to St. Cloud without any incidents (which made me very happy) and stopped at the grocery store. Picked up some gingerale, coke, chicken breast, and chips and salsa in a half attempt at getting supplies (the chips and salsa, not the other things) for the troop of people who might be celebrating the bachlerette party by staying in and such. That was fun. I bought lunch from the MS people selling hotdogs outside the store. Julie pushed the cart. I thought about offering to do it, but I think she might have fallen over if I did. I was amused, in a concerned way about Julie passing out.

So we got to the apartment. In an attempt to make her feel better, I fried the chicken with no salt, pepper, or any sort of seasoning. I even cut it up for it. I spent the next few hours bored, watching cable TV and wondering around. She finally called off the part at 5:30 or so. She also seemed to get sicker as the night wore on. Luckily, everybody got called and told it was cancelled.

Now, some of you might be thinking that my night is ruined, but My cousin Emily showed up around 6:3o bringing Dance Dance Revolution game, and equipment (she lives in St. Cloud. I was pleading for her to show up, just so I would have somebody to talk to) My other cousin showed up, and the two friends of Julie who planned the party showed up later. We pretty much played DDR, all night, until Julie fell asleep, Julies Friends went out drinking, and I went to Em's and watched a movie.

So it wasn't a bad night, it just didn't involve any alcohol, and cute men at bars.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

damn, you didn't get to put those hot new jeans and your sexy shoes to any use! ah, maybe next time...

10:30 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

I know! I was so Dissapointed!!

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home