Saturday, August 13, 2005

My Life in a Nutshell of Confusion

There is a famous it quote that goes something like "It is better to have loved and lost, than to never have love" or something like that. I have been giving a lot of thought to relationships lately. A friend once told me that it seemed pointless to be in one, because inevitably, someone's heart gets broken, but I would rather have a few years of happiness, and the heartbreak, rather than be alone. The problem with todays society, is that everyone is alone, so when somebody finds a person, it becomes extremely difficult to break up when things have become bad. I don't think it was ever easy at anytime of human existence, but having a close network of friends and family makes it easier to go on.

On another note, Bay Minette Alabama might not be a bad place to live, for a little bit. I think I would miss the snow, and ice. It would be really good for my career, after working for a year or two there, I should be able to get any job in the field of GIS and Ecology. The biggest problem with moving there, is that I want to move to a place where I know I'm going to stay for a few years. I would like to settle, own a house, get a dog, grow a garden, and maybe find a someone to share my life with. When I know that I will only live in a place for a year or two, I don't want to get attached. It takes me a couple of years to actual start feeling like part of community, and thats what I want out of the world.

I didn't hear from the Duluth people, but the Lynn County Oregon people called, and I have an interview set up for August 23rd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home