Saturday, July 15, 2006

After the Storm

On Thursday, a big storm rolled through the area, and than continued easterly covering parts of Minnesota with much needed rain (although we still need much much more). Besides giving my car a wash, it watered the grass, and gave some nice lightening shows. The wind it produced also tipped my large tomato plant onto its side, along with knocking down all sorts of branches. No harm was done, and the lawn is starting to turn green again, and the fields of corn, beans, and alfalfa I pass everyday to and from work don't have such a beleagered, sad look to them.

After the storm passed through, the sun came out, and the colors in the sky are of the colors only seen after a storm passed through. I pulled out the camera, stood in the parking lot, and took pictures. I'm sure my neighbors thought I was crazy, but it was all worth it.

Here are a few of them.

View from the North West













View through my Window. I think the screen adds an intersting effect.

















This is of the parking lot. I really like the way the puddle reflects the clouds, and because the black top is wet, its reflecting that light, giving it a red hue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home