Monday, June 19, 2006

Day Off!

I decided to take today off. On hindsight, I should have taken July third off, to give me a four day weekend, but alas, I just wasn't thinking, and now I won't have any comp time left. Its a good thing that in a month or two, I can actually use my accumulated time off.

But today I did a lot of things, well not really. I called the insurance lady about seeing if full coverage makes sense for my 5 year old car. But, she never called me back. So now I wonder, like I usually do when someone doesn't call me back, if I left the wrong phone number. I also got my car in for an oil change at the only quick lube place in Montevideo, according to the yellow pages. My car should be a happy camper for the next 3 to 4 thousand miles. I also bought some yarn for a pair of felted clogs for my Grandma. I thought about making them as a Christmas present, but I think I'm going to start right now, and hopefully give them to her when I go home next.

On knitting news, the first Cat bed I made wasn't quite right, and not up to my standards, so I gave it to my sister as a house warming present, who knows nothing about it not meeting standards (until she reads this blog). Her cats are very cute, very long haired, and nothing but trouble. Apparently, the Orange one (she refers to them as the Orange one, and the Gray one, although their names are either Simba, Tiger, Muskie, or Sunny, depending on who you ask) absolutely loved it, and pulled himself around and around with his claws, so my cat bed is a success. As soon as I get picture of the sister's cat using the cat bed, I'll be sure to post it. I've immediately started on a new cat bed for my two. The picture is of Bentley helping me knit it.


I finally got to see Em's new house. For being in a development, it's a really nice house. They have a small front, and back yard, but theres a county park right behind their house. It would be a perfect place for someone who doesn't want much upkeep, but still have access to a large open area. I also made some super cute booties for her unborn baby, and helped carry a rather heavy crib up a flight of short stairs.

So now its back to work tomorrow, where hopefully, I should be getting a new computer, with dual monitor action. So exciting.

Till next time! Carrie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home