Sunday, June 04, 2006

Black Bird Problems

While taking the garbage out, I ran into my neighbor, Clara. She asked me where the chickens went, and if the chickens would eat some bread crumbs. I answered that the chickens probably would eat the bread crumbs, and she then told me, she was never around chickens, and didn't know that much about them. She was really mystified as to where they went. I then explained that if she left the bread crumbs, they would probably come back, and then I took the garbage out. Now Clara is this really old lady who lived across from me and according to her daughter, isn't always so sure whats happening. I was a little confused as to where the chickens came from, but I'm wondering if she saw the rather large hoarde of black birds hanging out on the lawn, and thought they were chickens.

Now, my problem with black birds is that that is the only bird I seem to get at my bird feeder. Friday afternoon, I put up a bird feeder, filled it up with seed, and by noon the next day, the food was gone, and their was a whole black bird family hanging out underneath it, outside my window, at early hours, with a voracious baby who was very very hungry, and was making his problem known to the world, at rather loud volume. One adventurous blackbird even discovered the suet feeder. Its been hanging out on my window by suction cups for at least three months, and not one bird has discovered it. Yesterday, a blackbird found it. Now, its almost gone. Even the cats don't get excited about black birds anymore.

So, between imaginary chickens, and a noisy, voracious black bird family, its been an interesting day.

I also got a good start on my next knitting project. I am attempting to make a kitty bed. You can find the pattern at WendyKnits.net.
There's also a photo gallery of people who knit this pattern, and their cats using it. My guess is that my cats will sniff it once, and than promptly ignore it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home