Sunday, September 10, 2006

Kittens are Crazy

People who intentionally get small, cute, kittens are completely insane. Kittens are trouble. They are either sleeping, playing, pooping, eating, or playing. They torture the big kitties, they torture their humans, they don't stop, Ever! I really can't wait for the kitten to grow up and just learn to sit still.

Of course, they are cute. Even when hissing at you. It's getting better though, instead of 10 times a day, it's down to two, and I can pick the kitten up with no hysterics. Bentley I think likes the kitten, mostly- although this morning, the kitten was feeling frisky, and wouldn't leave him alone. There was growling, and general unpleasantness, but I brought out the feather on the stick, and the kitten and I played for what seemed like an hour. He just wouldn't Stop! What else for kitten news. He weights about six pounds, which makes him around six months old. I made a vet appointment for him- to be fixed, shots, and all sorts of unpleasant blood tests. I feel kind of sorry for the little guy- except that I will be a much happier person to know he's healthy, rather than just assume it. I still miss Ollie. I hope he comes back soon.

In other news, I had to go up to Fergus Falls on Wednesday for a meeting. It went well, and on the way back, I stopped at the Salvation Army in Morris. I was looking for a wool sweater to desconstruct, but found something even better- A large amount of wool yarn- So for $2.00, I came home with 6 skeins of some brown yarn, a large amount of some weird bulky yarn with the name of "Europa" in colors such as not quite forest green, and not really goldenrod, but trys to be, and a bunch of Odd little balls of yarn, that may, or may not be wool. After knitting up a swatch of each, and than throwing it in the washing machine to see what would felt, I discovered that- The majority of the yarn was Bulky Wool. There was a few skeins of Acrylic stuff, that I think I will give to my Sister's Grandmother In-Law, who uses yarn like that. As for the wool yarn itself, I will be knitting a Cat Bed for the silent auction at my favorite Humane Society. My last one felted up nicely, but was too small. The one previous didn't felt up at all, which I though was odd. Now, I'm usuing yarn from a number of different places, so it should be interesting to see how it felts. I'm hoping that each yarn felts a little different, to give the cat bed some sort visual texture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home