Thursday, July 20, 2006

My TV is Naked!

Three days ago, This plant was Healthy.


You may be wondering what it used to be. Well, it was a rosemary plant. It was just getting to the point of happy eatings, and then it was horrifically attacked by:

SPIDER MITES!!!

I think what happened was that I started to lay back on watering the rosemary plant, and the spider mites took advantage of drier soil and killed my plant, and the plant next to it. As to why is my TV naked? Well, these plants were sitting on top of it, and now my TV looks so bare. I think I'm going to do a Wilmar run on Saturday and see if I can find a new Rosemary plant to sit on my TV. The Colorado State University Extention has a good overview of Spider Mites, and Spider Mite control. As for the plants themselves, they are now in a dumpster, awaiting horrible horrible death at the mandibles of almost invisible bugs (well, arachnids).

2 Comments:

Blogger emily said...

eew, that's what killed my ivy plant a long time ago. little white specks that moved. gross.

7:46 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Look- Comments!

Yes, it was gross. I really didn't want to touch it. But the mites are harmless. There was webbing all over, including from my TV to the pot it was in and the specks were moving! That was the worst part...

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home