Saturday, August 20, 2005

Today I found...

Today, I went up to the Twin Cities to eat at Red Lobster with my Mom. It was yummy, and I got crab legs and shrimp scampi, and lobster in one of those specials. My mom happened to have a fifty dollar gift card to Red Lobster, so it was all good, except when at the end of the meal, it was soon discovered that the fifty dollar gift card had no value on it, due to it being 3 years old. It was kind of funny and no harm done, so we paid and left. We then went to Savers. I've never been there, but soon discovered that it is basically like a Good Will or Salvation Army.

I then left my Mom and went to Half Price Books, There I discovered three Terry Pratchett books to add to my collection! It was quite a find. Usually, you don't find these books in bookstores because they are very popular. Now, I could just go and buy them in a new bookstore, but I've got rules about these things. There are about 30 books in the series, and my goal is to get them all. My rules are: 1) that I can't go searching for a specific title. 2)I have to buy them in a used bookstore, unless I go to a Barnes and Nobles looking for a new book to read, and can't find any that looks promising, then I would buy a Terry Pratchett Book. This has happened about three times. I can't buy any of these book online, because it would violate rule one. So, when I find a book that I don't have, I get really excited, and today, I found three! How exciting. It brings my collection to about 15.

I then went to the Petco store around the corner. They had kitties. So cute. Id like to get another cat, a female tabby about five years old, who is slightly crabby, or who doesn't need a lot of attention. She should also get along with other cats. There's lots of cats that fit this description, and hopefully, in a couple of months I will be able to. Right now too much is in the air, and I might be moving to Alabama. But there was a cat that fit this description at the Petco store.

What else... The drive home was nice, except for the two Harley motorcycles driving down the road, trying to outdo each other with how load they can be. This was annoying because they were loud, my window was down, and I couldn't get behind them or in front of them because of traffic. Now I,m home, drinking yummy lemonade, reading books. It'll be a good afternoon.

Love Carrie

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should send me a list of the ones you need, and I can keep a lookout for you. I'm always going to Goodwill!

7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home