Sunday, July 22, 2007

Harry Potter Finished!

Okay - I bought the book at the book store in Buffalo, MN around 9:30 am. There were plenty of copies left. Wandered around Buffalo, MN with the Mom looking at crazy day deals. I bought: two smallish bowls that will be for the cats for a dollar each, a set of 3 pyrex mixing bowls - you know, the ones from the 70's that are green that has little flowers running along the tops that are so very cute? and lotsa farm market goodies. The question becomes "What to do with all those summer squash?"

Got home around 2:15pm. Put away groceries. Started Reading Harry Potter.

4:30: Got hungry, made guacamole in middle sized very cute pyrex bowl. Fed cats. Checked email. Back to Harry.

7:30: got up. Moved around. Checked email. Went back to Harry Potter

10:15: Finished!

My thoughts? - with Spoilers!!

Well, I was sad their wasn't a longer epilogue. And how Harry and gang always escaped by the seat of their pants got old after the second or third time it happened. All the talk about "a death I didn't want to write" by the author, I was thinking that Harry or Ron, or Hermioine, or Mrs. Weasly would die. But no. A few minor characters and thats it - and I was really annoyed at the crown thing horicrux - the crown thing of Ravenclaw was lost ages ago, but Voldemort used it to make the last of the horicrux because he talked to a ghost?? it fell into place too easily I wasn't really emotionally involved with Harry at the end, But overall, it was satisfactory. I think the biggest problem with this book is that it a book with Rated R content, but was toned down for the PG-13 crowd, and lost its character.

2 Comments:

Blogger emily said...

Carrie - More Epilogue!
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/19959323/

6:04 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Thanks Em! It was exactly what I was looking for!

7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home