Saturday, March 04, 2006

The Trials and Tribulations of Replacing a Nut

In my defense of not writing once a week my nifty, small readership blog, I was busy with work. Let me tell how it goes. The previous guy was an idiot. Not only did he allow his company to pay for a $1,500 dollar software license he never used, he also allowed them to pay for a Internet map program that he never used which I forgot how much the license cost, but its spendy.

He left the data in such a way as so nobody knows how to find it, and where the most recent edition of the data is. He left data on: 1 server, the harddrive of his computer, and the harddrive of another computer, in different states of completeness.

He used outdated programs, when he had better on his computer, and used outdated techniques for creating data.

He did not leave a list of projects to be finished, and where the data is for them, or any information about his techniques- and then, he has the balls to walk in, on a Friday night, at 5:00 pm, after I spent all day remaking his stupid maps for a comprehensive county plan that needs to be done on Monday, and attempts to answer my questions. By this time, I was pissed. I wanted to leave early, seeing as how I spent two nights before staying late. I was not feeling so good, after about three questions, and three whiney answers, I said, I'm leaving, and walked out. Stupid Idiot. I've never liked someone based on thier data management scheme before, and now that I met him, I like him even less.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home