Saturday, May 20, 2006

Internet Is Fixed- Finally!-

It's been awhile since I posted, but now my internet is fixed, so maybe I will post a little bit more. Two weeks ago, I called the Internet people and complained. They didn't find anything wrong with the connection. They reset the modem, and while things were definitely loading faster, I was still timing out. The nice, but ineffectual girl I was talking to said it might have been some software I installed.

So two weeks go by, and since I haven't felt like being online anyway, it really didn't bother me that it didn't work so well. And then, I ordered something through the internet. It timed out on me while sending my credit card information- so back to square one- I didn't call again, I was saving that for later, I just went through and uninstalled every program that I wasn't using. As I went through the list, I found a program called MySQL that I downloaded with hopes of learning more about SQL and installed, and then promptly forgot that it was there. Coincidentally enough, that was when my internet starting timing out. I didn't really put the two together, until I saw it in my program list a couple nights ago. So, I uninstalled it, and just like magic, everything was back to normal.

So the moral of the story is: Just because your internet sucks, doesn't mean it was your Internet provider's fault or that the new people who moved in about the same time the Internet went wacky are pirating your cable connection.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home