Sunday, March 26, 2006

V for Vendetta, and IPods!

Here goes the Semi Traditional Sunday Weekly Blog Post

First off, I really like my IPod. I bought it last week at the Best Buy in St. Cloud, in which trip I spent way too much money, but now I have an IPod, so now I don't have to listen to MPR talk radio anymore (but I will, its great stuff). Now, I'm regretting getting the smaller 1 GB variety, but its OK- the 1 GB hold something like 6 albums, and its pretty easy to add and remove songs. I also like the podcasts. Its going to be great listening to them on my way to and from work, and I even found a radio transmitter that will play on any FM radio station on any frequency at Wal-Mart.

Let see, on other news, I went to see the movie "V for Vendetta". It was interesting, and a little scary. Basically, the plot was that its Britain, fifty or so years in the future, a virus gets out, allows a super conservative religious zealot to win the next election, and then the country turns to a dictatorship and the guy named V goes and saves it. The reason I found it scary was that there was a lot of truth in the story. I found if very much parallel to what was happening today. People are afraid, they let some of their rights go away for extra protection, and soon there are no rights left. In essence, it was Phantom of the Opera meets Batman meets world after Terrorism.

Of course, this was just a movie, based off a comic book, and an action movie, but movies will often parallel what's happening in the real world, whether it is intentional or not.

Oh yeah, I've got pictures to post, but since I havn't found the cord for my camera yet, you won't be seeing any in awhile.

Also, heres a quick weather update. Its still cold, say 40 degrees, and windy, but the snow is melting, the birds are singing, and there is nothing but blue sky!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home